Thinking of Buying Real Estate in Victoria BC
How do I prepare to buy a home?
This section offers detailed information to help you as you prepare to buy a home. You’ll find helpful tips and details on everything from talking to us Properties in Victoria Professionals™ to getting your finances organized.
The more prepared you are as you start looking for a new home, the easier and more enjoyable the process will be. Thanks to the wide variety of services offered by Royal LePage, we’ve got you covered every step of the way.
Looking for a quick way to figure out how much you can afford to spend on your home? Try our Mortgage Affordability Calculator.
What features do I want in a home? What features do I need in a home?
Looking for a new home can seem overwhelming at first. There are so many things to think about, so many choices, and often not enough time.
A small investment of time and effort right at the start can pay tremendous dividends. Take the time to organize your thoughts and think seriously about what sort of home you want before you start looking. It will simplify the process, save you time, and help lead you to the right home for you.
Make sure that you talk to us before you start your search to help you get organized, answer your questions, and also to raise important questions to ask yourself, such as:
- Where do I want to live? (community/general area)
- How much should I expect to spend on purchasing a home?
- Are schools a factor?
- Do I want an older home or a new one?
- What style of home do I prefer? (ranch, colonial, split-level, multi-level, town home, condominium, multi-family, bungalow, other)
- How much renovation and remodelling am I willing to do?
- Is being close to public transportation important?
- Do I have special physical requirements, such as wheel chair access?
- Do I have pets to consider?
- What sort of lot would I like? (small yard, large yard, fenced, garage, patio/deck, other buildings)
- How many bedrooms do I need? How many would I like to have?
- How many bathrooms do I need? How many would I like to have?
- How big a house do I want? How many rooms? How many square feet?
- What features are important? (air conditioning, carpeting, ceramic tile floors, hardwood floors, eat-in kitchen, separate dining room, formal living room, family room, den
How can a Royal LePage and Properties in Victoria Professionals™ help?
We save you time and money. We know your community, we know what is important when buying and selling a home, and we know all the intricacies of the process, from finding a home, to negotiating a price, to closing a deal.
Our team Properties in Victoria Professionals™ will:
- Screen the available homes in your neighbourhood to make sure that the houses you look at fit your budget and your requirements
- Give you important information on local real estate values, taxes, utility costs, services, and amenities
- Guide you through the viewing process showing you features you may not have noticed and problems you may not have spotted
- Advise you about your legal and financial options
- Recommend expert help when needed, such as home appraisal, home inspection, and contracting services
- Manage your offers and counter-offers, and use his or her skills and experience as a negotiator to make sure you get the best deal possible
We will continue this blog in our next post. If you are planning to purchase real estate in Victoria BC in the future, just let us know. Our team of professionals has the knowledge and know how to meet your needs. Contact Bill or David at Properties In Victoria Professional™ team. You can consult their Victoria Real Estate website www.PropertiesInVictoria.com or just email Bill and Dave
Properties in Victoria Professionals™- Royal LePage Coast Capital Realty
Bill has been a REALTOR® in Victoria since 2006. Originally from the Vancouver area, Bill moved to Victoria to attend the University of Victoria where he received his Bachelor of Science. Not only does Bill have a wealth of real estate knowledge he is also an active member of the community. He is a member of Triple Shot Cycling Club, Island Road Racers and is the Race Director for the Sooke River 10K.All Articles More Like This