Moving your Vehicles to Victoria
What are my options for moving cars, trucks, and other vehicles long distance?
On the moving van
- In most cases, at least one of your automobiles can travel on the moving van with your furniture (peak period may be an exception).
- Your automobile is strapped down. Plywood decking is used to protect the vehicle from other items on board.
- For most moves within Canada, the cost is based on distance. Moves to remote locations, and to or from the United States, are charged by weight.
- Depending on size, recreational vehicles can travel on the van. Charges are based on the amount of space occupied by the vehicle.
- Do not pack personal items in the automobile. Empty the trunk except for the spare tire and jack. Give a copy of the ownership, proof of insurance, and a spare key to the moving consultant. Leave approximately 1/4 tank of gas in the automobile.
By rail, auto, or specialty carrier
- Atlas Van Lines has a worldwide network of licensed and insured, third-party carriers for moving automobiles, boats, and other recreational vehicles.
- The cost covers the third-party charges plus a surcharge for making arrangements and pre-paying for the service (usually 10% of cost).
- You need a letter of permission from the leasing company to move leased automobiles to another city or province. A copy should be given to the moving consultant.
- Leasing companies usually do not allow their vehicles to be moved to or from the United States or other foreign countries.
If you have any further suggestions we would love to hear from you, just leave a note below.
If you have any questions about Victoria Real Estate in General, you can contact us anytime.
Anders Treiberg, Associate Broker, REALTOR®
Properties in Victoria Professionals-Royal LePage Coast Capital.
All Articles More Like This