The Properties in Victoria Professionals™ respect your rights to privacy. We value your business and hold all the information you provide us in the strictest confidence in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
WHEN AND WHY WE ASK FOR INFORMATION…
We will at times ask clients and future clients for personal information. You may wonder why your personal information is collected, used and disclosed?
Your information may be collected, used and disclosed for some or all of the following purposes:
- To allow members of real estate boards (including REALTORS® and appraisers) to appraise your property.
- To list your property with the Multiple Listing Service® in order to market your property.
- To market your property for sale through any other media (both print and electronic).
- To help you locate a suitable property to purchase.
- To facilitate the purchase and sale transaction (by cooperating with financial institutions, legal advisors and government departments and agencies).
- To allow the Boards and other real estate boards and their members (including REALTORS® and appraisers) to compile current and historical statistics on sales and property prices, and to conduct comparative market analyses. Information about your property will be retained in the Multiple Listing Service® for these purposes after your property has sold or your listing has expired (if you are a seller) and after you have purchased your property (if you are a buyer).
- To enforce codes of professional conduct and ethics for members of real estate boards (by cooperating with real estate boards, the British Columbia Real Estate Association, the Real Estate Council of British Columbia, The Canadian Real Estate Association and other regulatory bodies).
- To comply with legal requirements and to act pursuant to legal authorizations.
The above-mentioned collections, uses and disclosures are a necessary part of your relationship with us.
Your information may also be collected, used and disclosed for the following additional purposes:
- We may communicate with you in future to determine whether you require additional real estate services.
- We may communicate with you to provide information about other products or services which may interest you.
- Other REALTORS® may communicate with you to determine whether you require additional real estate services.
These additional purposes are optional. If you do not want your personal information disclosed or used for these purposes, please contact the Board’s privacy officer. Contact information for all real estate boards within BC can be found at the British Columbia Real Estate Association (BCREA) website: www.bcrea.bc.ca or telephone 604.683.7702, or toll free 1.877.361.3626.
PRIVACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION…
The Properties in Victoria Professionals™ will take all possible steps to keep your personal information confidential. This includes limiting access to client information databases, and communicating our privacy Statement to all employees who work for us. The Properties in Victoria Professionals™ will not sell, lease / rent, or disclose our clients’ personal information to other companies for use in selling products and services.
Most personal information will be collected directly from you through the contracts and other documents you fill out (e.g., Multiple Listing Contract, Contract of Purchase and Sale, seller’s Property Disclosure Statement) and through discussions you have with us. Some information may be collected from other sources such as government departments and agencies (e.g., Land Title Offices, BC Assessment), financial institutions and mortgage brokers.
Your information may be disclosed to (or may be accessible by) the Boards and their staff and members, other real estate boards and their staff and members, other REALTORS® and their clients, government departments and agencies, financial institutions, legal advisors, service providers, the British Columbia Real Estate Association, the Real Estate Council of British Columbia, the Canadian Real Estate Association and members of the public, for the purposes described under “When and Why we ask for information” (see above).
Not all of your information will be accessible to each of the above-mentioned entities. For example, once the listing term has ended, the general public will not have access to your information unless it is otherwise available through public registries (e.g., BC Assessment, Land Title Offices).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with The Properties in Victoria Professionals™ please contact our Privacy Officer Bill Ethier