If you’re thinking of selling your home, you need a marketing plan. Just like any other product people buy or sell, a home’s value must be communicated to the proper audience to ensure the seller gets the best possible price.
Marketing your home means more than putting up a lawn sign and sticking an ad in your local newspaper. You need to have a complete marketing plan that takes into account your home’s unique qualities, your objectives and details the specific resources available to you.
Your planning should begin as soon as you choose a REALTOR®, and often even before that. Part of your marketing plan will involve pricing your property, deciding when to list it and what features need to be cleaned or repaired. At this stage it is essential that you are completely honest with your REALTOR® about the condition of your home, your financial needs and any time constraints.
Once you have the basic information established, you need to get to the “guts” of the marketing plan, or determine how best to let people know that your home is for sale and get them excited about it. You need to keep in mind when you are planning that there are two key target audiences: home buyers and other real estate agents. You will need different marketing vehicles and slightly different information to effectively reach each audience.
There are a myriad marketing products and activities that can be utilized to help sell your home and your REALTOR® with the Multiple Listing Service (MLS®), newspaper advertising, brochures, open houses, neighbourhood mailings, etc. In addition to the standard tools, we at Properties in Victoria Professionals have access to the industry’s leading marketing tools and resources, including:
- www.royallepage.ca: Your home will be featured on Royal LePage’s web site which receives an average of more than 450,000 unique user sessions each month;
- www.PropertiesInVicoria.com; Your home will be featured here on our website, and our site receives on average about 10,000 unique visitors each month;
- Virtual Reality Tours and Slide Shows: Available for many homes on the websites, giving prospective buyers a private tour of your home;
- Online Feature Sheets: Providing pictures and greater detail for your home when people want to know a little more than the basics;
- Referral Network: Your property’s information will be available to nearly 13,000 Royal LePage REALTORS® coast-to-coast and 700 of the top real estate companies in the world through an exclusive affiliation;
We at Properties in Victoria Professionals can help you determine which tools will be most beneficial in your particular situation and market. Whatever the plan you decide on, make certain that you are an active part of it. Reviewing the plan’s success on a regular basis should be a built-in part of any successful marketing plan. This article just gives a sampling of the many ways there are to market your home, to ensure the best price possible.
Have a great day
Bill Ethier B.Sc., REALTOR®
Properties in Victoria Professionals-Royal LePage Coast Capital. Bill Ethier is a REALTOR® in Victoria and has lived there since 1991. He has extensive real estate expertise and can be reached on his website or via email at www.PropertiesInVictoria.comAll Articles More Like This